Paragliders Association, Singapore
Home of the Singapore Freeflyers
Updates from the Association
- (no title)AGM 2023
- (no title)Paragliding Insurance Matters
- News : Address Change 2021Paragliding Insurance Matters
- News : Paragliding Insurance
- News : Ground Handling SOP from PGSGThis post is to inform our association members of the Ground Handling SOP.
- GHSession – Old Holland Road12/07/2020 GH session at Old Holland Road It was a great outdoor ground handling practice session on the 12th of July 2020 at 4PM+. Some of our club members took some time off for some ground handling practice! Family members…
“The recreational sport of soaring from a slope or a cliff using a modified parachute..”
Paragliding is the recreational and competitive adventure sport of flying paragliders: lightweight, free-flying, foot-launched glider aircraft with no rigid primary structure. The pilot sits in a harness suspended below a fabric wing. Wing shape is maintained by the suspension lines, the pressure of air entering vents in the front of the wing, and the aerodynamic forces of the air flowing over the outside.
Despite not using an engine, paraglider flights can last many hours and cover many hundreds of kilometres, though flights of one to two hours and covering some tens of kilometres are more the norm. By skillful exploitation of sources of lift, the pilot may gain height, often climbing to altitudes of a few thousand metres.
Become a Member and Fly with us!
Members joining form a part of the bigger paragliding community, get access to our online resources, and other benefits. Our membership cost $60/year and are billed annually. We are a non-profit, so all your money goes into developing our association and our community.
Here for the first time?
Check out our website to understand what we do.